Official news and notifications for NCKMS 2021
- NCKMS 2021 Official ProgramClick here to download the Program PDF file.
- Texas movie premier of “Sixteen Legs”We are very happy to announce the addition of the Texas Premier of “Sixteen Legs”, an incredible movie about life in a Tasmanian cave. Narrated by Neil Gaiman, the award-winning film will be shown at the Alkek Teaching Theater in the Texas Sate University campus on Friday, 5 November at 4 p.m. There is no admission cost, however donations are being accepted to defray the… Read More »Texas movie premier of “Sixteen Legs”
- Second Call for Papers coming up soon!15 September is the deadline for abstract submissions. Information is at https://symposium2021.nckms.org/info/submissions. Don’t forget that we’ll need the full papers for publication by 1 November.
- Room block at hotels to expire 28 SeptemberIf you are planning to take advantage of the reduced rates offered at the Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express, those rates will no longer apply after 28 September. You do not have to stay in either hotel, as there are plenty of other lodging options in and around San Marcos.
- NCKMS 2021 article / NSS News, July 2021Did you see it? A big thank you to Dave Bunnell & the NSS News for including NCKMS 2021’s article about this year’s symposium in the July edition! Don’t forget that NCKMS 2021’s call for papers on cave & karst management’s deadline for abstract submission is September 15th. Registration is live on the website. You can also keep up to date with the latest information… Read More »NCKMS 2021 article / NSS News, July 2021
- Workshops announcedThe 2021 National Cave and Karst Management Symposium (NCKMS 2021) planners are pleased to announce that five workshops have been added to the schedule. Benefit from the access you’ll have to the specialized knowledge of our featured presenters who collectively have over 224 years of experience related to Cave & Karst Management. Workshops offered include, “Project Underground: Teaching Methods for Formal & Non-formal Educators,” “The… Read More »Workshops announced
- Wednesday Reception at Bracken Bat CaveBat Conservation International is hosting a reception for Symposium participants at Bracken Bat Cave on Wednesday after the field trips! The field trip buses will take us directly to the Bracken Bat Cave Preserve, where we will have refreshments (and possibly beer from Freetail Brewing Company!), see the cave entrances, learn about BCI’s cave conservation efforts, and then have dinner on site. Buses will return… Read More »Wednesday Reception at Bracken Bat Cave
- Online Registration OpensOnline registration is now open to the public. Visit https://symposium2021.nckms.org/registration to being the registration process.
- NCKMS Symposium 2021 AnnouncedNational Cave & Karst Management Symposium 2010 will be held in San Marcos, Texas on 1–5 November 2021.